Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The One About My "Jewelry Wardrobe"

These are some pictures of my lovely thrifted jewelry box, after a coat of white paint. Behind the door side is a little carousel on the top for hanging/rotating necklaces, and at the bottom you can see little partitions for storing stuff... I'm thinking earrings. This box is awesome, because last year at school my jewelry storage was quite haphazard. And this saves space on my dresser.

AND it has a ring bump! With a little mirror! I'm so excited! A place to put my claddagh and my zebra ring. (I own more rings than that, I just seem to only wear these two this summer). The knobs of the drawers have little penguins on them. So cute! I've already started painting, gluing, and drawing all over my new "jewelry wardrobe." Jewelry Closet? Its definitely not just a box. Either way, I got a little carried away last night while watching "Haunting in Connecticut," so I have to reel the design back in. But its got some good things going for it. Pictures soon, I promise!

My DIY fabric bangles. I have fingers, don't worry. I like these because they aren't dressy, so I can wear them with gym shorts. They're colorful but not fancy, so it strikes a perfect balance when accessorizing with my sorority hand downs. However, wrapping them in fabric has, not surprisingly, made them thicker, and are a bit of a squeeze to put on sometimes. But, I deal. They have a nice handmade look, and I love bangles in general.

Can I just mention how I can't wait for fall?? I really do love fall. I never seem to dress weather appropriate. I know greys and blacks aren't really cheerful summer colors, but I love them! And I like nothing more than to be wearing some leggins, a cardigan, and boots. And I understand that my sweater knit [grey!] Aldo boots are inappropriate for the summer, so I have to keep holding out for a chilly college campus fall. I dream about stomping around campus in my new black booties, some colored tights, and my pea coat, smoking a cigg. Sigh.

My Grey in the Summer Outfit!

The Incredible Shrinking Shirtdress from Marshalls, Grey Shirt from Old Navy, Miley Certified Stirrups, Silver Bangles from Walmart, Black Patent Heels from Payless, Zebra Ring from Charlotte Russe

ps. why do my outfit pictures seem kind of crunchy on my blog, but really clear on my flickr??

I would post about how much I want WR2BAM's fringed moccasin boots, but I really want to mention how hot I think this chick's outfit is:

Lady Smaggle from down under has been around for a couple years, but I just discovered her. I'm jonesing for her curly hair. I realized the reason I love this outfit is because it looks just like something I would wear. Skinny jeans, scarf, bangles. I just don't have ANY jackets. For real. I've bought a couple jackets and never really loved them. Her thrifted tuxedo jacket is great. I do have a men's grey suit jacket I wear, and people always like it, but its longer in the torso then this little number. I guess I always sub out jackets with cardigans. I'd wear this outfit with my grey striped men's cardi from ae.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! Good luck on the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally can't wait to see the results of your jewerly wardrobe (sp?) and your bracelt's are a really neat idea and came out super cool.

    ReplyDelete