Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Introductions are Always Polite!

I'm Emily. I'm almost nearly 20, I'm a college student studying primarily literature. During the summer I "work" as a receptionist. Meaning that I spend the majority of my time cruising the internet, reading about pretty much everything. Including the delightful and charming fashion blogs that fill my web-browsing history. I think I dress pretty cool. I have insights and opinions. I like writing. And I also have free time. Welcome to my blog.
And Now Some Fashion! Or... not fashion? My newest conflict-of-interest fashion development (since Hillary Duff was the face/feet of Candies)... is the teaming of Max Azria and Miley Cyrus for a Walmart juniors line. Now, this is a pretty slick (and in my opinion, the best) attempt Walmart has made to catch up to Targets super fly "Design for All" lines. I personally just dislike Miley Cyrus, and her father for pimping her out hardcore from her tender pre-pubescent years. Anywho, I digress. This new line is Rock and Roll meets Kind of Trashy.We're talking purple and black cheetah print leggings, slutty school girl minis, and british flag tees. Also of note are some "liquid leggings" and t-shirt/vest combos. And yeah, I would totally be rocking those cheetah leggings in an ironic way if I didn't go to a super conservative school where no one would catch the irony. Also, that mini skirt would be good for costume parties. But I don't think I'm buying it.

This red buffalo plaid tunic top is banging, and is styled just like a teal colored Kimchi Blue tunic I bought from Urban Outfitters. And I have a not-so-secret love for red buffalo plaid. Sadly, this $12 tunic is only available online, and the extra-large that I would need to properly cover my girls is out.of.stock. I think they use Miley as the dress form standard.

Have I bought anything from this child-mogul? Hells yes.

That's right. Stirrup Leggings. I'm so pumped its beyond words. I also got an oversized hooded 3-button cardgian made of black t-shirt material. I can't seem to find it online, but its cute in a simple way, and its really big so I'm gonna throw my electric blue leggin's on and have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment