Thursday, August 6, 2009

The One About Denmark

So tired this afternoon, since I had to pop out of a (squeaky) bed this morning and drive back to my house in the dewy 6 am morning... oh, the sacrifices we make for friends. I've taken a few outfit pictures, but realized I have yet to clean the mirror in my room, resulting in a nasty dust smear. I promise to clean the glass tonight. Also, sorry they are sometimes blurry. I'm gonna work on my hand strength. Actually, I'm wondering if maybe my camera is just dying. Sometimes pictures are randomly blurry even when I'm standing still and holding it with both hands. I've had it for about 4 years, and that's like 68 in camera years.

I'm rocking a dress and cardigan from Old Navy, belt thrifted straight out of dad's closet, some walmart leggin's, and awesome new $9 walmart ballet flats. With bows yo. And my sweet necklace is from a surf shop in Ocean City. And that bracelet is diy goodness. Fashion buy of the week: I went on a Goodwill $16 shopping spree, and came up victorious by crossing off one of my fashion wishes: XL mens flannel plaid shirts. A red one and a blue one, to be precise.

Oh yeah, that's me cheesing in the Goodwill dressing room. Can I just mention how I am so for the leggin's as pants movement? And to think I used to be against it. But its cool, I checked the bum coverage and we're golden. I would wear this with jeans too, for that lumberjack vibe.

On the DIY front, I watched some L&O:SVU (I have a thing for Elliot Stabler) and covered some old silver bangles with fabric, creating multicolored, whimsical bangles. I'm working my way through the set of 20 I bought a couple summers ago. Its super easy: cut a 2-inch wide strip of fabric about 10 inches long, spread tacky craft glue on the plain side (I used a foam brush) and then start wrapping the fabric around the bangle. I'll post some pictures soon!

Okay now I can talk about Denmark. Specifically, this gorgeous design brand Carmakoma. A fabulous, edgy line that is made JUST FOR CURVY, CHARISMATIC WOMEN!! And its SO HOT! So cool. The chick with the long wavy hair and bangs? I'd like to be her. AND the models have tattoos!!! But my favorite thing? This beautiful, adorable pink shirtdress. A shirtdress made for a curvy girl! A shirtdress that takes into consideration that tight armholes suck!

Now, the website listed it as on sale(!) for 24.66 Euros... and conveniently offer a currency converter. In good hard American dollars, this shirt dress is 34.62. ZOMG! I would totally buy that dress for $35. Whats stopping me from giving the women at Carmakoma my credit card, my Social Security number, and my soul?

A FORTY-TWO DOLLAR SHIPPING COST! Argh wtf!wtf!wtf! I mean, I know. Its coming from Denmark. But for that much money I could play Russian roulette at Urban Outfitters and get like, three indie outfits that are designed for waifs, yet kind of mostly fit. So, Carmakoma, you dirty little tease, I will drool over you from the states, and maybe one day I'll get in touch with my Dutch roots, and then swing by Denmark on the way back.

PS. Check out my fancy-full tumblr: wildrumpusfashion.tumblr.com . It has loads of sweet pictures and literary quotes. And the occasional baby animal. They're so cute.

PPS. Shout out to my number one fan and only reader. Melissa you rock my world with your groovy ways!

1 comment:

  1. #1 ! I can't wait for my shirt! and button lol and how far is Denmark from Ireland? i'm thinking they aren't very close but i will see what I can do when i go study abroad!

    ReplyDelete